How To Use Ear Candles
- Prepare your area Make sure the room is draughtfree, the temperature should be ambient and the lighting soft. You may wish to have some gentle music playing in the background.
- Prepare your equipment Lay out your ear candles, a small bowl of water, a mirror, a lighter or matches and a pair of scissors.
- Lie in a comfortable position On couch or even the floor! Rest your head on a pillow and tilt your head to one side. It`s a good idea to have someone around to assist you, especially if this is your first experience of ear candling. Once you have established your routine ear candling on a regular basis, ensure you have a mirror so that you can assess your progress whilst candling.
- Place the candle gently in the outer opening of the ear The ear candle is fitted with a small comfort earpiece, which is placed gently in the outer opening of the ear to make sure you have a good seal between the ear opening and the end of the candle.
- Light the candle Once lit, the candle creates a slight vacuum effect, oxidizing, vapouring and drawing softened wax and debris from the ears. This is a very gentle and noninvasive process, and you will probably experience a wonderful crackling or soft hissing sound during the procedure. The approximate burning time for the candle is 10~12 minutes.
- Remove the candle from your ear, once the flame reaches the line marking Extinguish the candle in a glass of water and cut off the burned portion.